What You Can & Can’t Have Whilst On Plan
Everyone hates being told what they can and can’t have, we get that. But if you’ve decided to take your health seriously and you want to be successful, then there are some foods and drinks that we recommend you avoid for at least the first 12 weeks on the New You total food replacement Plan.
What to avoid
- Any herbs and spices that have salt added
Fresh fruit & vegetables
- All fruits
- All vegetables
- Lemon added to water
- All confection
- Regular or sugar-free chewing gum
- Teas from a fruit or flower
- Powdered sweeteners
- Alcoholic drinks
- Flavoured water
- Tonic water
- Fizzy drinks/diet drinks due to the citric acid content
- Cordial juice
- Vegetable gelatine
Medicine, vitamins, oral health
- Liquid mouth wash (with the exception of Listerine Original mouthwash)
- Liquid vitamins
- Soluble pain killers
- Gel pain killers
If you are ever unsure about what you can or cannot have or you come across something that is not on the list, please contact [email protected] who will be happy help.
The good news…
What you can have!
Dried herbs & spices
Experiment in creating a taste sensation with Cayenne, pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, garlic powder or granules, ginger, black pepper, chilli powder, cumin, basil, curry powder, coriander, mixed herbs, onion granules, chives, paprika, rosemary, oregano, parsley, sage, tarragon, thyme, or peppermint mint leaves.
Fresh herbs & spices
If you fancy packing a punch with some fresh flavours then you can try coriander, parsley, dill, chilli, rosemary, chives, thyme, tarragon, basil, oregano, sage, or mint.
We know a cuppa might not hit the spot without some milk! So you’ll be happy to know that you can have 250mls of either skimmed milk, coconut milk, almond milk, hemp milk or soya milk per day.
Tea & coffee
Most of us start the day with a hot drink, so be comforted to know that you can still have:
- Tea – from a leaf
- Green teas – only from a leaf and root
- Black coffee
- Beanies Coffee – any flavour
Tablet form sweeteners are ok by us.
Medicines & vitamins
Feeling ill sucks, but we’re sure it will make you feel better just to know there are some relief medicines that you can dose up on.
- Cold relief tablets – please contact Support to check the brand is ok to take with the plan
- Multivitamins – tablet form only and not flavoured
- Fibre gel – unflavoured
- Senokot/Dulcolax tablets, Benefibre or Psyllium Husk
- Painkillers in tablet form only
- Sugar-free Rennies
Savoury hot drinks
If you don’t fancy something hot and sweet to drink then you can always indulge in:
- Swiss Marigold Vegetable Boullion – up to 2 mugs per day
- Swiss Marigold Vegan REDUCED SALT Vegetable Boullion
Ideal for making your own New You jellies! Powdered or leaf is the best.
If it’s something you like to have then we recommend you choose:
- Xylitol All Natural Xylitol Gum – Spearmint
- Peppersmith Spearmint Dental Chewing Gum
We hope that has given you some ideas moving forward. We appreciate that a total food replacement plan can be restrictive, but it has to be, to get you the results you want. But with all the delicious products available on the New You Plan, there is very little chance that you will feel like your missing out on your favourite foods.