Self discipline is one of those things that is like a double edged sword to us. It is so easy to look at self discipline as being trapped in all these self imposed rules and regulations, and living a life with no fun.
I have found the opposite to be true.
Our FAST FOCUS plan can seem extreme to some people, as it cuts out EVERYTHING. You limit your food intake to 4 nutritionally complete meal packs a day and 4 litres of water, and this can take a lot of self discipline, especially in those early days.
The people that FAST FOCUS works best for, are the people who are unhappy with their weight, and it is holding them back from living the life they truly deserve. Instead of getting out and living life, they are hiding away, and are overcome with feelings of overwhelming sadness about their body and how they look. That is a horrible, painful feeling, I experienced when I was a size 22 and at size 12. Sometimes if you are unhappy with your size, the feelings can be there whether you are a couple of stone over weight, or twice the size you should be.
One thing that stands out to me as I scan through all the posts in our weight loss community, Secret Slimmers, is how HAPPY everyone is when they are following this very strict diet plan.
Here’s why they are happy 🙂
Self Discipline = Self Esteem
If you want to feel good about yourself, exert some self discipline in your life and watch your self esteem grow. If you want to feel bad about yourself, have zero self discipline. The more self discipline you have the more self esteem you have. Be strong, and feel good about yourself.
Self Discipline = Results
The more disciplined you are, the more results you get, the more results you get, the more motivated and happy you are about being disciplined… and the circle continues.
Results are addictive! When you really want to be slim and healthy, and you can see the scales move fast, and your clothes get looser and looser, the excitement and buzz from being self disciplined is a buzz!
Self Discipline = Inspiration
When you are self disciplined, you inspire others. Other people look at you and think, “WOW – Check out how self disciplined they are! I want to be like that!” No one ever looks at someone with zero self discipline and wishes they were more like them. With your results and self discipline, you can inspire others to take action and lose weight & be healthy… and with the butterfly effect, who knows how many lives you can improve or even save?
Self Discipline = Energy
When you have more energy, you get more done everyday! When you follow our FAST FOCUS plan you also get more energy from the effects of being in ketosis. When you have the energy to get your home the way you want it to be, you have the energy to play with your kids, to walk the dog, and you get the courage to go and start exercising. It is very common for people who have not exercised in years, to love exercising! Everyone notices when you have high energy, and everyone wants to be around people with high energy.
Self Discipline = Freedom
Setting your own rules for your own life makes you happy. When you decide WHO you want to be, and you set your own rules for you to live in a way that will make you HAPPY & HEALTHY, the self discipline is your blue print for a happy life and this sets you FREE. Your self discipline will break the chains to the things that have been holding you back. It is crazy how we hold onto the very things that hold us back. It is only when we have the courage to decide who we want to be, and take the action required to be that person, that we can break free and experience FREEDOM.
Three questions for you to answer if you are struggling to be self disciplined on FAST FOCUS…
- What is holding you back from being self disciplined on FAST FOCUS?
- What is your weight holding you back from doing? How would your life be different if you were at your ideal weight?
- Is it worth holding yourself back? Is the answer to question 2, worth the self discipline?
Self Discipline makes you happy… it sets you free, increases your energy, gets you moving in the direction you want to be going in, and gives you results that motivate you and inspire others.
There are 3 Key Stages of Self Discipline required on FAST FOCUS
- The first week – getting into ketosis and going through a physical and sometimes an emotional detox, can be hard going, especially around days 3-5. But if you can dig deep and stay focused, it will be amazing. Plus, you will feel so much better for it. Never give up on week one.
- The first 21 days – when starting a new habit, the first 21 days are the hardest. This is called the combat stage, where your body and mind are fighting against the new habits. Although you will not feel hungry, you will have to overcome the feelings of wanting to comfort eat at times of stress, tiredness and boredom. Stay strong and stay focused. It will be worth it as after 21 days these feelings usually are gone. You will feel so emotionally and mentally free and clear, as well as feeling so healthy and light, with all your clothes being too big for you.
- The next 45 days – It takes 66 days to form a new habit so that it becomes harder not to do it, than to do it. For the next 45 days you will be installing life long habits that will keep you slim and healthy for the long term. This means that you won’t need self discipline as it will be a natural habit for you to go for a walk, rather than open the fridge when you feel bored or stressed. Use this time to build in healthy habits that will support you in the long run.
Self discipline will set you free. It is the key to the life, body, and health that you want and deserve. Self discipline is only for a short time. The first 7 days are the ticket to a happier, healthier New You. Take it a day at a time – you can achieve anything. Don’t think too far ahead if you have a lot of weight to lose. Focus first on the first 7 days, then the first 21 days etc. Remember that self discipline increases your confidence, self esteem, and gets you the results that you want in your life.
Be free, be who you want to be, be the new you.
Don’t forget to ask for help and support in our Secret Slimmers group on Facebook. We are here to support you and help you get to the stage where you are reaping the rewards from your self discipline 🙂 x
Tags: diet mindset, diet tips, New You Plan diet tips