Frequently Asked Questions Friday
The lovely Suzanne and Lorna Answer:
How to know when you are in ketosis
Lorna and Suzanne talk about how to know when you are in ketosis!
What is ketosis:
I have covered this in a few of my blogs now, but just in case you are picking up from this point I felt it best to explain this principle. This is quite simply that the body usually uses food as its primary source of energy. Ketosis is the state in which your body uses its fat as its main source of energy.
This happens when the body initially uses up its energy reserves of glycogen. This is a process that normally takes 3 to 4 days. When the glycogen stores are used up, the body then switches its main energy source to body fat. When fat is burned rapidly the body produces something called ketones and the person is said to be in ketosis.
More ways to know when you are in ketosis:
Below are a few key ways to tell if you are in ketosis:
1) Metal taste in the mouth – drink lots of water and use our breath strips
2) Strong smelling urine – lots of water will help here as it will continually flush your system
3) I noticed my hands and feet would get cold – an extra layer helps (or in Ellie’s case just swipe the office heater!)
4) You will have feelings of well-being / euphoria
5) You will not be hungry! – which is awesome given that you are on a diet!
6) Massive increases in your energy levels – you may find your house is suddenly a lot cleaner than it has ever been! 😉
7) Rapid weight loss
8) You can buy ketostix that test the level of ketones in your urine. Take the time to read the instructions as understanding the readings on these can be frustrating (you do not have to be in a dark shade to be in ketosis).
As I am sure you will agree from these points that ketosis an extremely desirable state to be in and is so easily achievable with The New You Plans TFR products.
[box type=”download” size=”large” style=”rounded” border=”full”]Leave question below[/box]
GrantTags: new you diet, Total Food Replacement (TFR), Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD), VLCD WEIGHT LOSS, Weight Loss