How To Win The Battle of Your Mind on Your Weight Loss Journey
Losing weight is a battle, and the biggest battle is how we think. In this blog post we learn how to win the battle of your mind on your weight loss journey.
I love this old story, and it is a story I remind myself of when I am struggling. Here’s how it goes…
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, “My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all….”
“One is Evil – It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
“The other is Good – It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf wins?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”
If you are struggling with your total food replacement diet and weight loss journey, and your mind seems to be your own worst enemy; that is because you are feeding the bad wolf, the wolf that is your enemy.
You are feeding the wolf that says…
- “You cannot do this!”
- “It is impossible for you to be slim, it is not in genes, all of your family is fat!”
- “You can do the plan until Friday, but then you have a work dinner and you will have to break it for that.”
- “You will always be overweight… why do you even try?”
- “Drinking 4 litres of water a day, that cannot be good for you! Stick to 2 litres of fizzy pop.”
- “This diet plan is not for you, eating nutritionally complete food packs… that can’t be good for you; you need to eat real food – phone a chinese instead.”
- “Don’t let the children see you drinking a diet shake, best to place an order in the burger restaurant today so they don’t know you are on a diet, you don’t want to set a bad example.”
- “Eat that chicken nugget, no one is watching and it will do you no harm, it is mostly protein afterall!”
- “Have extra milk in your tea, how can that impact your weight loss?”
- “Surely you can drink a can of diet soda, it says diet on the side, how can that slow down weight loss?”
- “It is a Saturday night, surely you can have the weekends off and do the plan during the week!”
- “It is a Monday, such a stressful day in work, and so and so said that awful thing that upset you, you deserve a piece of cake, it is OK you can start again tomorrow!”
If you want to win the battle of your mind on your weight loss journey, then you need to feed the good wolf. The wolf that is your friend and wants the best for you.
You need to feed the wolf that says….
- “You can do this! I know you can! Day at a time!”
- “This is a kick start to a New You! Healthy mindset, Healthy Living, what a great way to kick start my new healthy lifestyle!”
- “You can get slim and healthy and inspire your family to take action too as they see how healthy and happy you become! Think how amazing that will be!”
- “You can stay strong and not break the diet for the work dinner this weekend, just pass yourself and engage with everyone and have a laugh! It will be a great night!”
- “You can learn from the past, you know where you went wrong the last time, this time is different, believe in yourself and in your dreams!”
- “You can drink 4 litres of water, just start early and sip, sip, sip, you will feel the benefits and look great! This is the start of a New You!”
- “It is so good that you don’t have to think about grocery shopping and cooking, the meal packs keep it simple and make fast weight loss easy!”
- “I am going to set a good example for my children starting now, I am cooking home made healthy foods for them and the whole family is getting healthy together!”
- “Stay strong, I know you are stressed, but don’t let what so and so said ruin all your hard work, you can do this! Stay strong!”
- “Make a pineapple fat burner and a new you meal for X Factor tonight, you will be so glad in 2 months time when you can get dressed up and go out looking and feeling amazing!”