The Path to Self-Love – By Candida Woolcott
Self-Love is not selfish, it’s essential! You cannot provide love and care for others from an empty vessel!
Self-care is so important. Many of us forget to practice self-care because we are too busy looking after everybody else. We don’t have time to relax because we don’t set aside the time. Maybe we feel like we don’t deserve it or we are just too tired to do it or care. I am not just talking about going to the gym or meditation or colouring books. Find something that works for you, and turn it into your my-time.
Maybe a massage or facial here or there, perhaps a comfy cosy cafe to read a book in, if you like walking, find a place you really enjoy and personalise it. I love the beach, swallowing up the sea air, looking around and seeing the beauty that surrounds me. Each breath and exhale allows me to think clearly and put in to perspective what is important and what is not!
Sadly, a lot of us think self-care as selfish or as something we should do once we have got everything on our list done! True self-care is about respecting ourselves, looking after ourselves and nurturing and love ourselves – both for our own benefit and for the benefit of everyone around us.
Here are my 5 top tips for self-care:
1. Know your Strengths: Our weaknesses (the needy blighters!) are always screaming out for our undivided attention. Try to instead focus on your strengths. You have so many. Write down your strengths, focus on them and use them daily.
2. Surround Yourself with Positive People: You can choose who you keep in your life, choose wisely! Some people can be so negative and attention seeking, they indirectly zap your precious energy which could be used to a greater benefit elsewhere!
3. Be Still: We live in such a rushed, over-stimulated, technology based society. Facebook rules our lives, phones never leave our sides, your tablet is bleeping in your bag. STOP! Find somewhere beautiful – a park, the woods, the beach or even your bedroom – and just sit there, peacefully and still. Absorb the sound of the wind whispering through the trees, the light and the shadows, the sheer and utter peace. It’s meditative and calming for the soul!
4. Create a Self-Care Kit: Fill a small hamper or basket with things that make you happy. This could be a favourite book, a nail varnish you love, treasured photo’s, a heaven scent body lotion, anything that makes you smile and feel a little bit of inner peace!
5. Indulge your Inner Child: Remember what make you happy when you were a child? Running through dewy grass in bare feet, splashing in puddles, picking wild flowers, cycle rides in the countrysides, skimming stones etc. Feed your inner child and watch your positivity grow from strength to strength.
Remember, by nurturing and respecting your health and well-being you’re able to share those euphoric feelings with those around you.
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and attention” – Budha
START YOUR TRANSFORMATION TODAY
Take advantage of our 3 incredible new bundles for February and learn to love your body again 1 day at a time. We have created these 3 bundles to allow you to take control of your diet with the amount of products you want to buy. From a choice of 50, 100 or 200 products the idea is the more you buy the bigger the saving (your meals could be as low as 98p each!!)candida's blog, Dieting, Feelings & Emotions, me time, Mindset, Motivation & Inspiration, NEW YOU PLAN, top tips, Total Food Replacement (TFR)