Weight Loss Challenge: FIRST ACTION TASK! Read this…*
*Weight loss results may vary. This is not a guarantee
Every day in November I am committed to writing something to inspire and help you to achieve your weight loss goals this month. I want this to be an interactive experience, so that everyone can get involved and stay focused on their goals and feel slimmer and happier this time next month! Each day we will focus on something motivational and I will ask for you to complete a task, give your feedback or respond in some way.
The November Weight Loss Challenge is free to register; if you want to take part then go to the registration post and leave your name/nickname and weight loss goal in the comments box and then just follow along with the daily blog posts and post your weight loss result each week so we can keep track of how everyone is getting on with their individual goals!
I’m not exactly sure what I’m going to write every day but I trust inspiration will guide me; along with your questions, feedback, responses and support. So please make this an interactive process and lets really get a group community feel together so that we can inspire and equip each other to achieve our goals this month!
TODAY I AM GOING TO KICK OFF AND WRITE ABOUT GOALS AND TO GIVE OURSELVES THE BEST CHANCE IN ACHIEVING OUR DREAMS…. AND I HAVE AN IMPORTANT TASK FOR YOU ALSO SO PLEASE READ THIS POST AND COMPLETE THE TASK!
When setting a goal – a popular method is to set SMART GOALS.
S – Specific, Stretching, Significant
M – Measurable, Meaningful, Motivational
A – Attainable, Achievable, Ambitious, Accountable
R – Realistic, Resourced, Relevant
T – Time-based, Tangible
You can see the weight loss goals that our Official List of Participants have set on the registration post and if you want to register for the challenge you can do so at the registration post, simply leave your name and your weight loss goal for November, and join in!
Have you ever heard of SMART Goals? Well our weight loss goals for November are SMART!
- Our November Weight Loss challenge states every one should announce how many pounds he/she wants to lose in the month of November.
- Everyone is stretching him/herself to achieve a weight loss that is both realistic yet inspirational.
- With the New You Diet Total Food Replacement Plan you can lose between 14 and 28 pounds in the first 4 weeks, which is a very motivating experience!
- We will all be measuring our progress every week on the scales and sharing our progress with the group.
- Our results will be tangible both on the scales, in our appearance, and in our clothes.
- So we are off to a good start in setting ourselves up for success as our goals fulfill the SMART objectives!
To kick off the weight loss challenge I am going to start talking about COMMITMENT.
When you feel totally committed to your goal you dramatically increase your chances of success!!
When you have a BIG REASON WHY you want to achieve any goal – this increases your level of commitment and your chances of success!
So WHY do you want to lose weight?
You might feel your driving force is to feel good and look good, or maybe you are worried about your health and the impact that being overweight may have on increasing your chances of becoming ill, whatever your reason why we want to get really clear on it today. This will help you to stay on track this month.
SO WHAT IS YOUR WHY?
Is it because you want to go out and feel good and about how you look?
Is there an event coming up that you want to look your best for?
I know Ness has her wedding next year, and another customer I spoke to this morning has a Christmas party she wants to go to and be 2 stone lighter.
Maybe your reason WHY you want to lose weight is health related.
Are you scared of the impact your weight could have on your health?
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Attacks, Strokes… being overweight is a BIG FACTOR in developing ill health.
YOUR REASON IS, YOUR REASON, IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOUR REASON IS, BUT IT DOES MATTER THAT IT MOTIVATES & INSPIRES YOU AND YOU FEEL EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO YOUR REASON, IT HAS TO MEAN SOMETHING TO YOU.
SO WHETHER THAT IS LOOKING BEAUTIFUL ON YOUR WEDDING DAY OR LIVING LONG ENOUGH TO PLAY WITH YOUR GRANDCHILDREN – AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A REASON THAT INSPIRES YOU THEN YOU HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF SUCCESS!
By announcing your name and your weight loss goal for November you have taken the first step to ensuring your success.
Writing something down helps to make things clearer in your head and keeps you focused.
I want you to write down your reason WHY….. and go into great detail about it.
Answer these questions….
- Why do you want to lose weight?
- How will you feel when you get to goal?
- What will you look like when you get to your goal?
- Can you envision yourself at a specific event/place/time?
- Who is with you?
- What are they saying to you?
- What are you wearing?
- What are you doing?
- How will you feel if you don’t lose weight?
- What will you look like if you don’t lose weight?
- How will not losing weight impact your life? Relationships? Social Life? Quality of life? Health? Career? Confidence?
- For my wedding
- For my christmas party
- For an operation I need to lose 5 stone
- To go on holiday in the New Year