How to get started on your diet
So many people want to be slim but struggle to get started with their diet. They know once they get into their diet they love the feeling and the results, it is the GETTING STARTED part that so many people struggle with.
It reminds me of when you are sunbathing and you start to feel uncomfortable as your body is getting too hot, and you want to cool down so you want to get into the swimming pool, some people like to dive right in, while others like to slowly enter the pool, bit by bit. There is no right or wrong way to get into the pool, everyone has to do what suits them.
Starting your diet is like this. Some people prefer just to jump straight in and be 100% from the get go, while others prefer to edge their way into it. There is no right or wrong way, everyone has to do what works for them.
JUMP RIGHT IN – commit to 100% total food replacement.
- Total commitment with your mindset – this is it! You are doing it! 100% from today!
- Get into ketosis usually within 3-5 days – feelings of hunger will disappear when you are in ketosis
- Get a really good weight loss in week one (even though most of the first weight loss is glycogen most people get really motivated seeing the scales go down
- Detoxing from the carbs can be hard especially if you eat a lot of bread/sweets/chocolate
EASE IN SLOWLY – following VLCD for a few days to a week to ease into total food replacement, this would involve taking 3-4 meal packs and a lean protein and vegetable/salad meal from the list in the booklet (see booklet for info)
- Can help some people to ease into total food replacement
- Can delay ketosis
- Can make it tempting to eat more foods
There is no right or wrong way to get started, but it is imporant to get started! If you have been struggling to JUMP IN, then maybe try easing yourself into it. Everyone knows how great it feels to be IN THE ZONE, to feel your jeans getting looser, and people commenting on how healthy you look. You can get there, you just need to get started and build your momentum!
[highlight]We would love to hear your comments on how you get started, please leave a comment below and let us know what works for you and if you have any tips![/highlight]